Monday, October 04, 2004

Grunge

The affluence of Orange County is unmistakable, yet it puzzles me that its residents (at least in my immediate neighborhood) look like they have never read an issue of those glossy magazines that are full of trendy and fit people wearing designer's clothes. In a way, it's probably a good thing, but the surprise for me is that it isn't just teenagers who have the grungy look, most adults also look like they woke up this morning and just grabbed something from the closet without any intellectual process. Of course, I wouldn't dare to conclude that O. C. residents do not spend a lot on wardrobe; on the contrary, I'm almost certain they do, or else the superstores and the chain stores wouldn't have survived. But where are the clothes they've purchased? I'd be shocked if they are in fact wearing them. This is not a complaint, just an observation.

No comments:

Blog Archive