Thursday, March 09, 2006

Writely

"Writely" is an online free word processing program which I opened an account with about five months ago. It has pretty-looking user interfaces, but I never got to use it much because I was concerned that this small startup might disappear into the ocean of online applications some day and my files would be lost. Well, surprise, surprise, Google announced today that it had bought the company. My trust level for Writely suddenly jumped way high. Too bad, they are not accepting new accounts for now, probably in preparation for a serious integration with Google's own family of online applications. But, lucky me, I get to use it because I've already had an account; in fact, this blog entry was written with the nifty online word processor.

Moral of the story: see a good beta, register for an account, get in the door early.

No comments:

Blog Archive