Friday, November 17, 2006

Natalie Wood



Born Natalia Nikolaevna Zakharenko in San Francisco, California to Russian immigrants, Natalie Wood started acting at 5, and then at 17 co-starred with James Dean in "Rebel Without a Cause", which got her an Oscar nomination in the supporting actress category.

The soundtrack of this video, "Tell Me Why" by Bobby Vinton, was what got me started in this project. I stumbled upon this song when I was impatiently skipping tracks on an Internet radio station. The song chewed a hole in my brain, but eventually I matched it with a pictorial story that deals partially with the agonizing circumstances surrounding Ms. Wood's drowning in 1981.

A piece of interesting trivia: all Hollywood stars look larger-than-life, and Natalie Wood was no exception, but she was in reality only five feet tall (152 cm), even though her studio resume claimed that she was 5' 3".

No comments:

Blog Archive