Saturday, September 27, 2008

Red

I'm curious about if this is a problem for other people -- sometimes a YouTube video on my computer would get routed out to a New York City server by YouTube's algorithm (?), resulting in frequent pauses and a very unpleasant viewing experience for me who lives 3000 miles away. I have found a partial solution, however, which is to clear out the cookies in my browser and sign back into my account. This has worked sometimes, but not all the time. In the case of my latest video, "Red" (standard; high-quality), I was surprised that not long after I uploaded it to YouTube, the video was playing from an NYC server (indicated by the flashing web address at the bottom left of the browser), even though I am here in Southern California:



NOTE: The soundtrack is from the "Scottish Symphony" (4th movement), by Felix Mendelssohn.

No comments:

Blog Archive